beer isnt really for dinner but Desie did tell me that Guiness is nutritious when I told her I hadnt eaten yet. ..
Anyway here I go.
Dear Trish, (Cause I think you are the only one who reads this),
I am so tired. I just got off the phone with you, I wish I had more time. Well I guess this is a good time to tell you what I have been up to here in Hong Kong.
I am staying in Kowloon which is across the bay from the actual Hong KOng Island. The Unitversity is huge and the residence halls are clean and nice. I am sharing a room with Desie and now we are sharing the room with two other girls next door ( We are connected by the bathroom).
There are a lot of mechanizims in place to save energy. A seperate light for each part of the bath room (one for the toilet and one for the shower). You can sellect if you want to have hot water or not by clicking a switch as well. I didnt think I needed it the first day but since then I havent been sleeping 100% so the hot water helps with my stiff neck.
Everyone is really tired still from the jet lag. Also the conference started on MOnday (Yesterday to me) and today was jam packed with talks about different papers that were written all over the world with so many differnt topics.
There is a peak on HOng Kong Island that we went up on Sunday with a tour so taht we could see all of Hong Kong from real high up. It was nice. I will show you pictures.
Everytime I get down to the computer lab I am so sleepy that I forget to upload pictures. Also it takes so long because the computer are in such high demand they crash often (if you couldnt guess they are PC not wonderful Macs)
I miss you and wish you were closer. It is wierd to be under all of this sand but the biggest difference is not being able to communicate very well. Dr. Shen (My prof.) taught us Manderin and they speak Cantonise here in HOng KOng.
I need to go to bed now.
LOve you tons,
Love,
Rita
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
beer is pretty great, but dont drink too much you dont want to be too silly. poor you with a stiff neck. poor you without being able to communicate. i hope you feel better soon. i am getting my visa tomorrow but right now i am trying to wake mommy up (we are at franz's) so that i can get new glasses at home before i leave on monday. i think she thinks we have a million years to get ready but we don't. ok i will write you a longer post later, but for now i think you should sleep because it is 115 in the morning there and that is too early to wake up. i love you a lot
trishy
rita love i miss you like woah. come home and love me<3
Post a Comment